If you prefer your soap weddings with a hint of chaos, then you’re in for a treat this week.
Hollyoaks is, of course, the one to watch in this respective, as Nadira Valli and Shaq Qureshi prepare to walk down the aisle, and shocking scenes ensue.
They’re not the only ones who are considering tying the knot in soapland, however, as Coronation Street’s Aadi Allan and Kelly Neelan contemplate getting hitched in a bid to win a competition.
What could possibly go wrong? A lot, apparently, as a car crash ensues, leaving us concerned about one person’s fate.
EastEnders, meanwhile, sees Stuart Highway take drastic action after a showdown with Linda Carter, while Emmerdale sees the truth about Amelia Spencer’s baby revealed to all in the village.
See what we mean when we say it’s explosive?
If you simply cannot wait to see all the unmissable drama unfold, then look no further, as Metro.co.uk is yet again on hand for all your soapy needs, with fresh spoilers ready for consumption.
1. Alya visits Stu in prison but they’re interrupted by the arrival of Yasmeen. With Alya gone, Stu tells Yasmeen the whole story of his affair with Charlie. Yasmeen tells Zeedan and Alya how Stu wants them to talk to his solicitor. Walter, Stu’s solicitor, confirms that Stu was coerced into making a confession. Alya puts pressure on Yasmeen to allow Stu to move back in as it’s clear he’s innocent and has nowhere to go.
2. Stephen tells Sarah that she’s clearly the business brains of the factory and she should think about buying Carla out of her share. Sarah shares her business ideas with him and asks him to help her prove to Carla that she knows what she’s talking about.
3. Kelly makes out that she and Aadi are planning a wedding after spotting a leaflet for a ‘Win a Dream Wedding’ competition, but she assures Aadi that they won’t actually get married, they’ll just enjoy the holiday. Kelly and Aadi ask each other probing questions necessary to win the competition, and they admit that they’ve never had a sexual relationship. Aadi leans in for a kiss. Having enjoyed their first sexual encounter, Aadi presents Kelly with his mum’s engagement ring. Kelly’s smitten, but things soon take a turn.
4. Asha confronts Aadi over the engagement ring. Aadi assures her that he and Kelly aren’t really engaged, but are only pretending so that they can win a holiday. Kelly, however, overhears, and chucks the ring at Aadi, before jumping in his new car and speeding away. Aadi sets off in search of her – and comes across the car crashed into a bollard!
5. Summer senses Aaron staring, but he assures her he wasn’t checking up on her. Afterwards, she resolves to make it up to him for ‘ruining’ their holiday.
6. Bernie returns from her shopping spree with Joseph’s new uniform and a posh blazer for herself. When Bernie admits that the blazer was meant for someone else and given to her in error, Gemma and Chesney urge her to take it back. A lady calls at No.5 and introduces herself as Fern, and claims that Bernie has tried stealing her posh jacket!
7. Sean offers to organise a farewell dinner for Dylan on his last night, and Glenda has an idea! Sean arrives at the bistro to discover Glenda and Mary invited James to Dylan’s soirée. When James suggests a kickabout before dinner, Dylan admits he doesn’t want to go home, but would rather live here.
8. Linda is left upset after an altercation with Stuart at the NA / AA meeting, and she takes shelter in The Vic, where Mick comes to her aid, much to Janine’s dismay. Afterwards, Linda gets emotional about the prospect of being separated from Annie after she takes her first steps in front of her and Mick. They almost kiss – but are interrupted by Jada!
9. Janine flirts with Mick, but he is distracted by thoughts of Linda. Trying to offer his support, he asks Linda to go over the exact events of the accident, encouraging her to check her call log online. Mick soon discovers that Linda made a call to The Vic that night, which leaves Janine panicked.
10. Stuart disposes of his anti-depressants prescription, and heads towards a drug dealer, which is what leads to the showdown with Linda – and subsequently Mick. When Mick refuses him the chance to apologise to Linda, he heads to the GP surgery, but unable to obtain an appointment, he takes drastic action. Bernie attempts to help Stuart as the situation escalates, but will she succeed?
11. Stuart continues to battle with his health, leaning on those around him for support in order to finally confront his diagnosis.
12. Lily, Nugget, Denzel and Amy plan a cinema trip and Lily is put out by Amy and Denzel’s flirting. Later, at Denise’s birthday, Stuart’s bag of drugs falls from Jada’s purse and Lily steals the pills after they’re confiscated by Denise. Desperate to impress Denzel, Amy takes half a pill. Denise soon realises the drugs are missing and heads in search of the group with Jack. They come across Amy just as she collapses!
13. Martin pushes Lily to find out how Amy got her hands on the drugs. Adamant that Denzel supplied Lily, he confronts Howie.
14. Admiring Finlay’s charm and confidence at the stall, Billy confides in him that Honey is the only woman for him. Finlay wonders what he can do to help.
15. Chas and Al share a tender moment after a night of passion at a hotel, and it’s clear that their affair is becoming just as much emotional as it is physical. Little do they know, however, that Belle has witnessed their intimate moment! Chas and Al are mortified when Belle reveals that she saw them at the hotel and knows about their affair, but will Chas be able to convince Belle to keep shtum?
16. Faith struggles on a country walk with Chas, but she takes a moment to reveal that she’d like a party before it’s too late. The party later takes place, and things are awkward at first, but everyone relaxes as Faith belts out her karaoke tune. Things, however, take a sad turn, as Faith collapses. Chas takes her frustrations out on Paddy, but their attention is soon elsewhere when a nurse arrives to take them to see a confused Faith, who claims she can’t see properly.
17. Amelia is delighted when Noah asks if he can accompany her to her scan, and she later stares in awe as the sonographer shows her her baby. Noah and Amelia’s relationship blossoms, but Harriet’s shocked when she sees them kiss and she relays her discovery to Dan, who attacks Noah in public, leading to Amelia’s pregnancy becoming public knowledge.
18. Sandra plants seeds of doubt in Liv’s head about Gabby and Vinny’s sudden closeness, and questions her about her asexuality and the issues it might cause in her marriage. With Sandra getting in her head, Liv eyes Vinny and Gabby as they talk, much to Sandra’s delight.
19. Zak chooses to be alone with his memories of Lisa, unable to face the sadness of Faith’s last party will she be able to change his mind?
20. Mack and Charity share a moment of reflection.
21. Peri spots Juliet and Nadira together and berates them for continuing their affair behind Shaq’s back. Nadira and Juliet deny that anything is going on, much to Peri’s shock, so she apologises for jumping to conclusions. Things, however, take quite a turn, as Peri finds out that she was lied to, and thus makes it her mission to stop the wedding!
22. Nadira and Shaq’s big day arrives, but the bride and groom ultimately have doubts about going through with the commitment, and they later come to a realisation as the wedding is in full swing. Secrets are subsequently revealed, and declarations of love are made, meaning that Shaq and Nadira have a lot of explaining to do to their guests.
23. James realises that being Norma’s cut-throat accomplice has its perks, as next week he receives a rather large pay-check. Overwhelmed, he decides that before he double-crosses Norma, he’s going to rinse her first!
24. Joseph is feeling ignored by Vicky, and thus he looks elsewhere for attention, introducing himself to Serena. One thing leads to another, and he ends up spending the night with her. Serena does her best to be discreet in assisting Joseph to sneak out of her place the following morning, but both Sid and Lizzie catch them!
25. Sid starts to realise that Imran has an eating disorder when he walks in on him throwing a tray of food off the banquet, but will his Imran open up about what he’s going through?
Coronation Street airs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8pm on ITV. EastEnders airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7: 30pm on BBC One. Emmerdale airs Mondays to Fridays at 7: 30pm on ITV. Hollyoaks airs Mondays to Fridays at 7pm on E4.
If you’ve got a soap or TV story, video or pictures get in touch by emailing us [email protected] – we’d love to hear from you.
Join the community by leaving a comment below and stay updated on all things soaps on our homepage.
The Soaps Newsletter
Includes exclusive content, spoilers and interviews before they’re seen on the site. Find out more »